Thursday, October 29, 2015

Yoona - The Enigma of the Legendary Korea's "Ideal" Girl

Now this is not really about her character, but mostly about her appearance. There have been so many times I've heard that she is The Face of SNSD,
that she is Korea's top girl-group member, that she is a goddess Blah Blahhh Blahhhh

But I just don't get the hype.

Let's analyze this Yoona phenomenon a little more:





1) Face- Oh Yoona, first time I saw her I could just think 'ehhh whatever' I was taken aback by the number of people who praised her face to the point of calling her a goddess or what not.

Her face reminds me of a light bulb or of the 'scream' painting.

She is (For me!) the most plain over-hyped face in the industry. There are so many other prettier girls who have never even put close to the pedestal Yoona seems to have gotten away with.



2) Body - Yoona's body sigh I feel like I'm looking at an eel's body. Zero sex appeal.

I guess I can see why girls would think that she has a 'perfect' body, simply because girls seem to have an obsession with skinny bodies due to their resemblance to top fashion models (And the fact that all clothes fit). But I can't imagine any guys finding her body close to attractive or desirable.






3) Personality - What a boring girl in all honesty. She is sweet but she hasn't really ever said or done anything close to interesting from what I've observed. Granted (As you can probably guess) I am not a SONE by any means, so I haven't watched all shows that she is in, but I have watched my fair share of them. And she is not entertaining or funny -_- She is nice but just not super funny by far :/











4) X-Factor - I could explain this as charisma or as that little something extra which makes you different, special or unique. Many artists have it, which is why people feel attracted to them. Sometimes for no apparent reason.  But Yoona is as vanilla as saltine crackers. I simply don't quite get what would make her special to some. She is just there. A wallflower.  Nothing wrong with that, and perhaps if she wasn't ass over-hyped as she is, I would give her a little more slack for her lack of talent.



5) Talent - I've always been very skeptical with the girls from SNSD's talents. I know they all have pretty synchronized choreographies, but then again it's not like they are the ones coming up with them. And the moves are not specially hard to achieve individually. Even Hyoyeon who is 'the' dancer in the group seems to be lacking a natural flow to her (Might just be because she is so short and her shows don't showcase as prettily :/ or might be something else. Who knows). Artists or public figures have a special talent that makes the public look at them. Even people like Hyuna who brings a sexy appeal even if it's not truly artistic dance routines or Minzy who brings a swag not seen before do offer something different to the table of K-Pop. Yoona is far from being the best singer, dancer or most outgoing or funny. Oh Yoona, you are so lucky to have all these guys saying you are their ideal girl -___-



I truly do not hate Yoona. But I would be lying if I said I loved her. She is just whatever. The only reason I'm making this post is because in my opinion she is so average looking that I still don't understand the obsession with naming her Korea's 'ideal girl". All I wanna know is what is it about her that you like so much? Real hard-core fans of Yoona, what is it that attracts you the most and makes her different from other idols in your opinion?

Maybe I will feel inspired by your responses.

:|   Booo~

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. The incredible popularity of Yoona has always baffled me endlessly. Her looks, personality, talent, are all so “..... meh.” She just doesn’t stand out in any way to me. As you said, she seems nice, kind, and dutiful..... but does this alone really make her the goddess of Korea?? I have been an SNSD fan for seven years, and I still don’t get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...beauty is about taste and every people have different taste...and luckily mostly people agreed about yoona being most beautiful member of snsd

    ReplyDelete