Monday, August 20, 2012

SM is for pretty people only?!!

SM is known in the Korean entertainment industry as the agency of 'pretty people'

According to most citizens in Korea SM contains some of the most beautiful idols and singers from all of the three major agencies......

Even people like IU who has become the favorite little sister in Korea confessed to not daring to try out for the SM auditions because she wasn't pretty enough (WTF!!)









Just look at her she is extremely pretty











 She doesn't even lose when compared to the "most beautiful face" from SM





I feel she wasn't confident enough to try out at the time since she was so young back then. And if SM had turned her down then they sure are idiots given that IU has pretty much everything to offer





Anyways let's go back to the topic at hand.....


SM's 'only beautiful'  members


But I come to bring the truth to everyone that this idea of SME only being for pretty people to be untrue when looking at the evidence I have today.

Let's look at some of the members from SM that fall short on the looks department but have still been able to debut successfully.


First we've got Shinee's Jonghyun 

(This is NOT his worst photo OK)
To be honest Jonghyun is my favorite Shinee member BUT I am not a delusional crazy fan so I can be honest for one minute here. He is not the best looking from the group. AT ALL
He is my favorite for many other reasons but it was not love at first sight. When first looking at a new group I'm sure most girls just go for the best looking one right away. Then we might change our mind on who our favorite member is based on voice, variety skills, dance skills, cute acts, etc, etc, ETC

Jonghyun might be hot at times but he looks old and his face is far from perfect (I still love him though, old-looking and all) I get why SM needed him in the group though. He might not be the best looking one BUT he does have an awesome voice (for an idol that is) and they are a singing group after all soooooooo his voice compensates for the rest 
plus he's funny.

OK, he is a good start on proving one of SM's myths wrong.







Then we have SNSD's Yuri
(NOT her worst photo EITHER
 Yuri is the male fantasy of many guys (That's what I've heard at least) and I do have to admit I  can see why. She is tall and has a woman's body with some curves and all. And her legs look meaty compared to all the other members who seem to have chopsticks hanging from their shorts.

But she is not pretty in the face department. All her sex appeal comes directly from her Body.
But she compensates for her lack of face appeal with her height and this makes her stand out in the group.
She has other appeals I'm sure (like being funny perhaps) but since I don't really watch that many shows with her on I can't really say anything about that.


Ok OK, moving on.....









Let's get to Fx Amber


I think it is obvious why Amber is on this list. She does not look like a pretty girl. 
Even if she was a guy she would be considered a hot guy or an attractive guy but not a pretty guy. She seems nice enough though don't get me wrong and I know it is SM who is pushing her to the  
tomboy look even more than what she was used to. I think SM's main reason to make her debut with Fx is that they needed more Chinese members out there to help promote their fairness with the Chinese public (See Super Junior's Hangeng scandal) since they were thinking on promoting there anyways.

I do want to see her with long hair and a more feminine look just to see how she would look like that. I'm not sure if we will ever get to see that though.....






Now let's move on to another 
SNSD's member, Hyoyeon

She is my favorite member from this over-rated group because she seems the most down to earth and genuinely funny from them all. She seems to be sincere in her actions and isn't hanged up on keeping up an image all the time. Plus she is the only one who can decently dance in the group. 

But then again we are here to discuss looks and not anything else. And sadly she loses in this aspect compared to the other girls. She is by far the least attractive from SNSD. She is short and has a very unusual face. It is obvious that she has had surgery, and her smile makes her have a scrunched face.

It is not secret that she gets the least amount of CF's or advertorials compared to the other girls and I think we all know why this is.  Still I'm glad that she was able to debut in SNSD because she does add a sense of keeping-it-real~ness to the group (My black girl voice was used here)








Let's continue with Super Junior's 
Leetuk and Ryeowook


They are definitely on my botton 3 from Super Junior when it comes to looks. I've already explained the details in another post about SJ's best face ranking So I'm, just going to leave it at that.

Like I said before, based on look these two lose, but Leetuk is quite hilarious and is climbing up really quickly on all sorts of variety shows. He probably will be the next great MC in Korea.
As to Ryeowook.........................
well, are you guys sure he isn't Lee Soo-Man's son?  XD
I'm not kidding you guys





And let's end this with Fx's Luna

 (Whenever she smiles I feel her face is going to melt)

Ok, for this part I must gather all my meanness and just let it all out. 
Luna is one of the least pretty members in all of SM. There I said it. 
She has very few physical characteristics that would land her in a girl group. She is quite short (which wouldn't really be a problem But...) she has a very bulky build and this makes her look very rough. Her extremities (arms and legs) are not quite proportional to her petite frame. She looks to me like a walking radish. I also don't understand why her stylists giver her that awful orange-blond hair. She is dark enough to almost blend with that tone of blond. Please stylists, just stop!

But God is not so unfair as to not give her anything in return. She has the best voice in the group and obviously she was picked for her real talent as opposed to her looks
Next time you see an idol that doesn't quite look like an idol, you can bet they have something that makes up for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment