Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Youtube Wars - Tati's review of the Peel-off Makeup Trend

So the other day I stopped by Youtbe and watched my fix of make-up tutorials from Tati and what is my surprise but a video from her on my subscription feed  reviewing peel off make-up, but the tittle does also mentions on the title Disaster.  So I was "Oh Oh what happened".



Now I must disclaim I am not the biggest fan of Tati's due to several facts but mainly because she has very similar looks on most of her videos. However I do like her consistency and the fact that she tries hard to be fair and truthful with her reviews.

Of course products all work differently for everyone out there. I think this is probably the most usual disclaimer youtubers give at the start of all their videos. I think it should be common sense that people will have different opinions about most topics, why would makeup be any different, right ?

It was very obvious that she did not like this item. As always she gives her reasons, and close-up shots of what the product looks like. You know, your standard review. But oh no after I scrolled down to the comments I realized that some people were taking things well too seriously. To make things short, After looking at the comments I was totally like "oh here we go again" To nobody's surprise this is an Asian product and there were so many key warriors on the comment section claiming some of the following:

  • Pifpuff you don't know what you are talking about because this product is good and you are just a white evil satan lady who doesn't know crap about make-up.

  • This is just a cheap Chinese product and not the beautiful Korean counterpart so whatever you (Tati) say is not valid.

  • How dare you say that this isn't good?!! You are just jealous that you are not able to enjoy all the much better/superior products from Asia.
  • You should review all Asian products. They are oh sooooo much more superior than any Western crap you've been trying all these years. 

  • You are using it wrong you little b****

  • Your onion doesn't matter because this other Youtuber I saw (Who happens to bend over backwards for anything Asian btw) says they work ok?!!
  • You moved your mouth damn it! How dare you move your mouth in a period of 30 minutes! Gahhd!

  • You don't like this product? We don't like youuu!! >_<

  • I have a Korean friend, and she told me she loves this product so you are a crazy-head for not following the instructions because there is no way you could have a different opinion than other people on this specific type of make-up ! :O


Well just to give my 2 cents on the overall comments,
I did not agree with the amount of aggressive comments 
or the logic behind them due to where this make-up comes from.

Some people's arguments is that they weren't upset because she made faces when the product got into her mouth / or because she threw the products away but because that is disrespectful and inconsiderate.

FYI if you have seen other of her videos she has already done that when products are just total fails (Off the top of my head she did that with a WTF review on a primer she purchased while she was moving houses). Why did no one bat an eyelash then? I'll tell you why. Because in those other videos, she is not reviewing an Asian product therefore she is not attracting the Asian boos from the Internet.

This products was a total fail in HER OPINION and the product had hints of being toxic (Which is not a crazy assumption since the price is so cheap and coming from China) and that is why she was not happy when the lip product got into her mouth and was not willing to try it again. If she will not try it again there is no point in keeping it so I don't know why her throwing away the products would be a big deal.

My other point is that people were saying that she should not say anything and keep quiet since the product that she has is not a specific brand from Korea (Berrison I believe) but a Chinese brand.
I do not see her saying anywhere on her video that she hated ALL brands of peel off makeup trend there is out there. She said she specifically did not like this brand of peel off make-up. It's like saying she did a review about ELF's new concealer, and because she did not like it people demand her to try a Maybelline one just because that one is supposed to be better. The review at that moment is specific to the ELF's concealer not about all concealers out there. Isn't that obvious ?? Gosh~

On another note I am so tired of people keeping on saying that every Asian product is oh so superior to anything made outside Asia. I must pull from my own personal experience. I have purchased a bunch of Tony Moly and Skinfood makeup products online and they were more than disappointing due to the time it took to arrive and the less than spectacularly different quality.

Since they are items being shipped from overseas it took foreverrrr to get to me. They were pricier than what they retail for in Korea so I pretty much ended up paying for something that I would have paid for over here in my local drugstore. And the products themselves - they were just like the regular eyeshadows that I have tried over here from ELF, Maybelline, etc with the difference that I couldn't return any of the ones I didn't like because well that's just not possible. Here in the US I can return anything I didn't like even if it's a cheap drugstore item. There are products that are excellent that are sold in the North America/Europe  and I'm sure there are excellent products sold in Asia. But to say that everything coming from a side of the world should be automatically good because of where it comes from it's a bunch of Balloney -___- And it really pissed me off that all these Koreaboos rushed to this video because someone dared stain in anyway any product coming from their beloved Korea/Asia.

Ughhh with all the Koreaboos. Ughhhhhh





UPDATE:


I was sooooo glad when Tati decided to follow up and try the products again just to appease the masses. She still did not like it and did not recommend it. I was like a proud mama seeing that even though all these people were flooding her video like piranhas calling her names, insulting her and demanding that she like this product, she stood her ground, actually gave it another fair shot and voiced her thoughts on the matter once again.

I actually was conflicted on seeing her second try of these products because she rarely does that with any products she has not liked before. But I guess she felt the pressure from those viewers who would not let the matter go.

1 comment:

  1. Ok hi, I just wanted to comment (again) because I really agree with a lot of the opinions that you express on this blog. Thank you, thank you for calling this issue out! I have not seen these reviews specifically, but I could not agree more about people mindlessly bandwagoning onto Asian beauty products. I am a skincare and makeup lover and have tried many products from Korea and Japan, and although they are OK, they are not life changing. There is no magic secret to beautiful skin or makeup that can only be found in Asia. The ten step method does not save you from ever getting a pimple again or cause your skin to stop aging. I really enjoy Japanese sunscreens, but beyond that I seriously have passed on every other beauty product I have tried from Korea and Japan. And I just find it so ridiculous that people who don’t gush about the utter superiority of every Asian product they try is accused of being a racist or an idiot by the Korea lemmings.

    ReplyDelete