Thursday, February 4, 2016

Demi Lovato interview hits home

Every now and then I read interviews by celebrities that actually pull at some serious heartstrings inside me. In this case it was the unexpected short interview I saw on Yahoo news by teen celeb Demi Lovato.

The interview's title was focused on how the young celeb shut down her haters at one of her concerts. But the part of the interview that was more interesting to me was the fact that she subconsciously and on purpose keeps friends at bay.

Lovato admits that she sometimes unintentionally distances herself from her friends and its up to those around her like boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama to call her out on her own shenanigans.

“Wilmer is that person,” she says, adding that her BFF Marissa is another pal she can rely on.


“Sometimes I’ll isolate a little bit. I won’t reply to people’s text messages, or I’ll just distance myself from everyone unintentionally, and she’s the first one to call me out on it,” Lovato says. “It’s because I’m going through something. I’m stressed or depressed.”


I tend to do the same thing many times. I think I always feel like to a certain degree I always have to act when I'm around other people. Even people I've known some people for awhile, I still feel like I have to portray some sort of character.

I've always been a loner, so it is no surprise that I have this pressure to act more excited, or happier than how I would naturally act if I was alone. Not to say I'm fake, I just have to make myself have a little nicer, or cooler than what I actually am (haha I'm cool but not that cool it's what I mean ;])

Because of this, many times, I cancel on plans with friends at the last minute, I don't reply right away in fear I'll get coaxed into going out. Sometimes other people cancel on me, and I think 90% of the time, I've had a rush of excitement come into me. I think the only times I have actually felt annoyed/negatively affected by it, is when I was already dressed up and was actually looking forward to going out. If that's not the case, then I'm like, oh yeah a whole day of not getting out of my PJs day is here.

Even when I'm shopping, I would rather do it alone. I like watching movies or shows by myself as well.and doing random video browsing (If I feel like drawing a picture of my dog on Paint, damn it I wanna do it alone).

Of course, after a while of being by myself, it does feel nice to meet with friends and have good conversations as a group. Currently I have a boyfriend of 3 years, and he is one of the only people I can be with even when I don't wanna hang out with anyone else. And he constantly wants me around, so we spend a lot of time together; but even with him I get overwhelmed and need times when I have to be alone - to recharge myself.

I guess everyone is different, and at times I guess I wish I could just be a little more outgoing and perky by nature. But I'm not, and I can't keep on wishing to change what I can't. My suggestion to anyone having the same issue would be to just try to accept who you are. Sounds like the most cliche advise I know, but it is the only thing that will truly make you happy. It's is more important to make yourself happy after all.

So if you don't like going out as often as your friends, then just decline when you don't feel like going out, and hang out with them when you do. If they are your friends they should get it. Explain to them, that you need to have your alone moments because of the nature of your personality.

XoXo





No comments:

Post a Comment